Coronado Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility

Collection will be held the second and fourth Saturday of each month, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Services are reserved to residents of the City of Coronado only. Household hazardous waste and electronic waste is accepted. Did you know that household cleaners are considered hazardous waste? Learn more about it by visiting our Resources page.

Examples of what you may bring
Aerosol cans – Household cleaners – Disinfectants – Drain opener – Mothballs – Herbicides – Pesticides – Rodent poison – Paint – Paint thinner – Varnish – Glues – Turpentine – Barbecue lighter fluid – Batteries – Electronic waste (computer monitors, TVs, etc.) – Automobile fluids (waste oil, gasoline, anti-freeze, brake fluid, etc.) – Pool chemicals – Water seal – Appliances – Fluorescent lamps – Sharps (needles/ syringes must be in a rigid container) – All products marked: DANGER, WARNING, TOXIC, CAUTION, POISON, FLAMMABLE, CORROSIVE, or REACTIVE


-Drop off every 2nd and 4th Saturday between 9 AM – 2 PM, inside the Public Services Facility at 101 B Avenue, Coronado CA, 92118.  Note: Facility will be closed during rainy, stormy weather, any Saturday before a Monday holiday, and any Saturday closest to Easter, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. Call Public Services for more information (619) 522-7380 or (619) 756-4464 on Saturdays.

Pick up The City of Coronado also offers curbside pickup of used oil to residents who are unable to use the HHW program. For more information about the HHW or curbside used oil collection programs, call Public Services at (619) 522-7380.

Maximum Transportation Limits: 

-15 gallons of liquid or 125 pounds total volume of household hazardous waste.

Handling instructions:

-Leave products in the existing container, if possible.

-Ensure lids are on tight so containers will no leak.

-Transport containers in the trunk or in the back of the vehicle away from passengers and pets

-Do not transport over 15 gallons or 125 pounds at one time.

-Containers used for transport must be no larger than a 5 gallon bucket.

Other requirements:

-Bring proof of residency in the form of a drivers license or a utility bill.

-Gasoline needs to be in an approved container, commonly found at auto parts stores. Please note, containers are not returned.

-Needles/sharps should be transported in a rigid, puncture-resistant, tightly-sealed, “SHARPS” labeled container, including: bleach bottles, liquid detergent bottles, or coffee cans with lids.

-Empty containers can be recycled in your blue bin.


Stay in the loop

Follow us!